Friday, November 1, 2013

Pumpkin Carving With the Larson's

Have my last 3 blog posts (including this one) been about pumpkin carving? Yes, yes they have. That being said now I can just jump into this post!

I aboslultey love going up to Bountiful to visit Blake's family. We try to go as much as we can but I know we don't make it up there nearly enough. Last Sunday we drove to Bountiful, to Blake's parents house and it was so much fun! Unfortunately, we didn't make it up to Idaho earlier that day with all of Blake's family to see Brinlee Breshears off at her mission farewell! She is going to be an awesome missionary! But we did make it up for dinner and pumpkin carving.

When we first pulled up to the house Steele, Blake's dad, came out to meet us. He was the only one home since everyone else was still driving back from Idaho. There was something a little odd about what Steele was wearing. On top of his casual shirt and blue jeans he was wearing a holster, with his gun. The best part about it was he just acted like nothing was going on, this is one of the things I love about Steele! When we got into the house he let me try it on and it was pretty sweet, not going to lie. 


The rest of the night was very eventful, and how could it not be with three little kids running and screaming around the house. We ate dinner, caught up, and carved our pumpkins! Since the last pumpkin Blake and I carved was pretty simple, we decided to try something a little more difficult. It ended up being to difficult for me and I just did the bigger things on the pumpkin and made blake do the little windows. He is always a good sport  about things like that! It ended up being really cool though!


Pumpkin carving was a blast and just a shout out to the Larson's for always making me feel so welcome in their home. I am pretty sad to see October go just when I was getting the hang of pumpkin carving, and I can't wait till next year.






2 comments:

  1. You have carved more pumpkins than Kevin and I combined! It turned out awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Noooo! I didn't realize Steele had greeted you with his holster and gun...I should have known! He loves that thing! I must admit though...you look much cuter in it! Your pumpkin turned out awesome! Thanks for letting it adorn our porch. We got lots of cute compliments on it!

    ReplyDelete