Friday, November 1, 2013

The Alpine Loop

Blake never lets me down on making Saturdays the best day of the week. Wether we relax, lounge around, and watch t.v. all day or go on some crazy adventure Saturday's are my favorite. Neither Blake or I work so we just get to spend the whole day together and it is always so awesome! That being said this past Saturday was a blast! 

Blake and I had a fun little double date with our friends Jordan and Jentre. In the afternoon we all met up at my apartment, loaded my trusty Outback, and took off. We were going to drive the Alpine Loop. Blake and I had been meaning to do this earlier in the fall when all the trees were still their vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges, but it never ended up happening. Thanks to Jordan and his final push to get us to go we finally did it! It was absolutely beautiful. Even though it is later in the fall and a majority of the leaves had fallen it was still a very pretty scenic drive. The mountains are always an amazing view no matter what season it happens to be. 


While we were driving we stopped at a few of the turn offs to admire the views at a stand still. At one of the first stops that we came to we went on a short hike up a trail. Jordan being the rock climber at heart that he is thought it would be a good idea to try and climb an Aspen tree. I don't know if any of you have ever attempted this in your life but I was very impressed at his tree climbing abilities. He made it to the top and climbed down without killing himself, which I was grateful for. When he was at the top of the tree I heard a little voice that sounded a lot like my mom telling me to tell Jordan he needed to come down or else he was going to get hurt. I don't know how that maternal instinct is going to be when my little rock climber kids are a hundred feet off the ground but I am hoping I am not a total wreck the whole time.


At another one of the stops we found the prettiest little stream with green moss growing on the rocks and a tree full of red berries right next to it. It really was a beautiful spot to be. 


Blake enjoy's taking pictures and I think that he is really talented! He took this picture of one of the trees and I think it is absolutely beautiful!


The Alpine Loop circles around from Sundance up American Fork Canyon, which just happens to be one of our favorite canyons to climb in! So how could we pass that up. On the way through we stopped at a wall called the Division Wall. It was Jentre's first time climbing outside which was kind of unfortunate because it was pretty chilly so the rock wasn't exactly pleasant to hold onto. Even though it was cold it was still a good time climbing and we all made it home in one piece.



After our double date Blake and I went to his house to check on the tank and clean it up. In case you were wondering our tank is doing awesome. Our two fish Andy and (the black clown fish still doesn't have a name) are the best of friends and all our corals are doing amazing. The one thing I am a little worried about is our Feather Duster. It is still constantly under attack by our hermit crabs, I am still hoping that this stops soon. 

At the end of our great Saturday we topped it off with a couple episodes of Doctor Who. Can a day get any better? I submit that it can not!

2 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful! Once our baby comes, Kevin and I would love to go rock climbing outside with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day!! Don't worry your "maternal instincts" will always serve you well, especially with boys...no matter how big they are! Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete