Sunday, November 3, 2013

Charlie turned two!

On Saturday Blake and I went and ran errands and ended up at Pep Boys to get my tires aligned. Sadly they weren't able to do that because there were to many problems with my car that needed to be fixed, before they could do the alignment. As depressed as I was it didn't really come as a surprise to me, my car seriously has issues. Blake was really awesome about cheering me up and my Dad helped to put my mind at ease as well, which I am always finding both these guys as a huge blessing in my life.

After Pep Boys, Blake and I drove up to North Salt Lake, to his brother and sister-in-law Bryan and BreAnna's home. They just moved in to their newly built house and it is so adorable! We were there for Charlie's (their son) two year old birthday party.

One of Charles favorite things to say is tractor. Pretty much everything is a tractor to him, if you have a book full of pictures of cars, trucks, buses, and tractors, he will point to every single one individually and say tractor. He loves them. Bre went above and beyond with the decorations and they were so cute! His cake was pretty darn cool as well.


Since BreAnna and Bryan just recently moved into their new house their back yard is not yet finished. Earlier that day they had a dump truck put a giant pile of dirt in their back yard and they had a small excavator to help move the dirt around and dig the holes for their new trees. If I was a kid it would have been a birthday party from heaven. After they opened presents all the kids went out and just played in the giant pile of dirt while taking turns riding on the excavator (with an adult of course).

Blake and I got their a little late because my car stuff took so long but the whole drive up Blake was really excited to drive the excavator.


After Blake was on it for a second he convinced me to get on with him. For some reason I didn't want to but after controlling it for a little bit I was sold. It was so much fun! Who knew heavy duty yard work could be such a blast!


One of Bre's relatives joked that her and Bryan were the only people he knew who would mix heavy machinery and a children's birthday party. I thought this was hilarious and was pretty grateful no one was injured!

Charles is one of the cutest two year old's out there! He is also one of the oddest children I have ever met and I love his quirky mannerisms so much. He has the cheesiest simile ever, it kind of reminds me of my brother Matt's cheesy face he pulls in every picture. When I was playing with Charlie in the dirt I asked him to smile for the camera and he immediately pulled the biggest grin! Then he decided to give me his normal smile! He is just the cutest thing!



Steele, Charlie's older brother is 4 (I think) and I think he appreciated Charles birthday party way more than Charlie. Probably because he is a little older, but the whole time he wore his awesome Optimus Prime costume, drove the excavator "by himself" with the help of Bryan, and he dug the biggest hole on the side of the dirt pile. He was very proud of all his accomplishments throughout the day! :)



After the party I convinced Blake to take me to Ender's Game. It just came out on Thursday and I had been dying to see it. Having read the Ender's Series when I was much younger I had been looking forward to the movie for a long time. 

Let me just tell you it did not disappoint. I think I said "THAT WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER" upon leaving the movie theater more times than I can count. Blake is such a good sport for not letting that annoy him. Even with me repeating this phrase over and over he still would just say, "Yeah Melissa it was really good!" I unfortunately couldn't get him to admit that it was the best movie ever. Maybe after we watch it again he will come to terms with this fact. Moral of the story is I think they did a really good job, obviously the book will always be better, but in the time they had they did awesome!

I am so happy for little Charlie for turning two and I hope my rant about the amazingness of Ender's Game has convinced you to go and watch it. BECAUSE YOU SHOULD.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! I'm glad you got pictures of Charles big day! He is such a cutie! Thanks for coming! It means so much to all of us!
    Blake has always loved playing in the dirt..some things never change!

    ReplyDelete