Saturday, October 26, 2013

Walker Anual Pumpkin Carving

At the beginning of last week Blake had started to feel kind of sick. For the last couple of months Blake has had pretty bad allergies which are not fun at all! This past week specifically we both thought his allergies were just being really bad but it turns out he actually had caught a cold. Which just means that last week was full of soup, Doctor Who, and resting! He will probably be mad that I put this picture up but he was just so funny and cute when he was sick, he looked like a giant green marshmallow all bundled up in his coat, making soup!


To make things even better towards the end of that week Blake found out that he had pink eye! I was even more bummed about this because that weekend we were supposed to spend Friday in Lehi at a murder mystery dinner my sister Shantel put together and Saturday up in Morgan carving pumpkins with the rest of my family! Sadly Blake wasn't able to make it because he would still have been contagious.


Now, every year, since before I can even remember the Walker family along with the Oliver family, would get together to carve pumpkins. The Oliver's are our very oldest family friends and they are an awesome family full of great sense of humors and a bunch of wild red-headed kids. As we all are getting older we have gone in different directions and the Oliver's moved to Nebraska so we were unable to carve pumpkins with them this year.



As much as we missed the Oliver's it was a good time with the Walker family! Jenna and Kevin came down from Idaho, Shantel, David, and Lydia came up from Lehi, and Jacob, my mom, and my dad were thrilled to have us home. This past Saturday was full of games, mainly whatzit? (which is really fun) and so many chip dips you could hardly count them all! 

Later in that evening we started carving our pumpkins. We all had our ideas and went straight to work. I generally, for the past couple of years, have done Doctor Who themed pumpkins along with my brother Matthew, but this year I just decided to go with a rock climbing theme. I got a silloute of a climber from the internet and started my carving. When I was almost done it looked terrible, you couldn't really tell that there was a climber on it. I then had a little moment of insanity where I took my dad's power drill and on the other side of my pumpkin made one of the more classic Jack-O-Lantern faces out of anger at my pumpkin. (Yes I have issues) 

Everyone else's pumpkins turned out awesome though! Here are the finished products!


David and Shantel's pumpkins 
They went with a classic halloween theme with ghosts, graveyards, and pumpkins.


Jacob and my Dad's pumpkins 
Jacob's pumpkin might fool you, but it is not a winning game of tick tack toe, it is actually the sign of an elleite "hacker" group, but not the bad hackers the good hackers.... man, it is to hard to explain but just know my little brother is awesome. ANYWAY,  my Dad's was his favorite Rugby team, the All Blacks. 


Just to preface Jenna and Kevin's pumpkins, here is a little update on Jenna. My sister Jenna is 6 months (27 weeks) pregnant! Only 3 more months left and I have a brand new niece. Right now I only have one niece and I can't wait for Jenna to have her baby girl. It is so amazing to see our family grow so much. Two of the five kids in the family are married with one grandchild and one on the way! Family is so awesome!


 Jenna and Kevin's pumpkins


Here is my first attempt that I didn't like at all. where I am concerened my pumpkin carving this year was no good! I can't wait for next year maybe I will resort back to a Doctor Who theme, that always seems to turn out good :)



 I don't say it enough but I am so grateful so spend time with my family. I love playing boardgames and just spending good quality time together. I am very blessed to be so close to my family. I can't wait to carve pumpkins next year at the Walker's annual pumpkin carving extravaganza!


2 comments:

  1. I love you and you are such a good writer. Plus, I stole all your pictures again! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake was so sad he couldn't join you for the weekend! Stupid Pink Eye! Your pumpkins look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete