Friday, October 18, 2013

Cornbelly's

Every year since I first moved down to Utah Valley I have gone to Cornbelly's. It is the most fun fall festival, for all ages! The first time I went was with my ward for FHE and I had so much fun I can't help but come back every single year. They have everything you can imagine for a night full of fall entertainment.

This past Friday night Blake, my boyfriend and I, drove up to Lehi, at Thanksgiving point to go to Cornbelly's. I had prepared well with multiple layers of pants and jackets, I was not going to be cold if my life depended on it. Even with all this preparation I was still shivering in the line to get in, so Blake being the amazing boyfriend he is ran and got his spare coat from his car. Thanks to him for the rest of the night I was warm and toasty!

When you first walk into Cornbelly's it is a little overwhelming! There are so many options of what to do, so making that first decision of what direction to walk is pretty difficult. Blake and I always try to do everything "strategically" so that we don't miss anything. We went to the children's area first just to look around, and it made me want to be a child again! I even convinced Blake to race horses with me which actually was pretty difficult!! It was more like waddling/running but it really was so much fun!


One thing I love that Cornbelly's has is a giant pumpkin tree! It is really awesome, it has pumpkins carved with everything from disney characters to Gordon B. Hinckley. This year was actually a huge disappointment because I found out that the pumpkins are actually plastic. Which makes sense because they sit there for a month or more and if they were real they would be really gross by the end of the season, I don't know why I didn't guess they were plastic before. Knowing they are plastic makes the intricate carvings on them a little less amazing and impressive. It is still pretty cool though and I love looking at all the different (plastic) pumpkins.



After that we just looked around some more, played in a room full of dried corn (my personal favorite), and headed toward the corn maze! Blake doesn't think he has ever done a corn maze up till this point in his life and that blows my mind because I love corn mazes! We totally rocked it and if we had been racing anyone else we would have dominated! For it being Blake's first corn maze he was pretty good at finding the way out!! 


Since we were there at night they have a couple mini haunted attractions. The lines were really long so we didn't make it to all of them before they closed but we did go to a few. The first one we got in line for was called "The Creature", it was pretty awesome. The Creature is just a giant blown up monster that you walk through. It is weird, you walk through the whole body, past the heart, and out... well you know... anyways there are scary people throughout the whole thing that do a very good job at surprising you and are really frightening!



The next one we went to was called Big Top Tower and it had a clown theme. Bake and I loved this one even though I was pretty afraid the whole time it was really funny and entertaining with the clowns! If you had some sort of phobia of clowns however, I would not recommend it!

The last and scariest in my opinion was the one called Chaos Castle. It is just a maze made out of hay bails. When you first walk in it is completely silent and pitch black. The hay insulates the inside so it is eerily quit, and so dark. The second I walked in I was convinced I was going to walk back out. I had no idea if there were scary people waiting for us in the maze.  If there weren't scary people in it, it would be almost fun to walk around in the pitch black, trying to find the exit. I convinced blake to wait for the next group to pass us and go in first so I could hear them scream, if they did scream I would know if there were people waiting to scare us!

When the group behind us entered almost immediately two giant gorillas came at us from two different directions, I was really freaked out. I closed my eyes for the rest of the maze and Blake was really brave to walked through it basically alone. The second I saw some sort of light I ran towards it and it just so happened to be the entrance not the exit. I didn't really care because I was so over that maze!

On the way out of Cornbelly's, Blake and I got the classic picture on the giant rocking chair. The man who took it and his wife, were so funny because his wife was telling him how to take it "better" than he was. He then asked her if she wanted to take it, and she said no, for him to! It was just the classic husband wife argument. He took a ton which I love because then you get to go through and find the one you like the most!

These are my favorite ones that the guy took! Corn Belly's was really so much fun and I am glad that I got to spend it with my favorite person!





1 comment:

  1. I don't like Haunted Houses either...but it sounds like a fun night! (Love the pictures!)

    ReplyDelete