Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Water, Rock, and Sand

Now that Blake and I finally have our tank and stand we were ready to fill it with water, sand, and rocks. But first we had to try it out with regular water, to make sure the plumbing and tank didn't leak at all. Let me tell you, it is a lot easier to fill up a 30 gallon tank with a hose, outside on the grass than it is to fill a 90 gallon tank, in a condo with a handful of 5 gallon buckets and two bath tubs. 

Basically, I would have two buckets filling up at the same time in the two different bathrooms, and I would run to one, replace it with an empty bucket, run to the other one, replace that with an empty bucket, and drop the full buckets off in the middle where the tank was, while on my way. It was quite the work out. Blake did an awesome job with all the pipes he made, everything worked like a charm!




Draining the tank was a little easier. We just siphoned the water back into the buckets.



Since the tank was tested and passed with flying colors, we were ready to start actually fill it with sand. 


It took us a while to arrange the rocks, but eventually after a long long time, (or so it seemed because it was really late) we placed them together it the perfect way! I really wanted an arch and Blake tried really hard to make that happen. I think he did a really good job.


It looks so amazing! Everything combined looks beautiful! I can't wait for the tank to cycle so we can start putting in fish and our corals. 



1 comment:

  1. You guys are so great. Fish can be a lot of work, but this tank is beautiful. Blake did such a great job with it! I am excited to come see your house soon! I know I say that all the time, but it is hard to come see your house, when you both are at work until Camille goes to bed. But I will see it soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete