Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Utah Lake State Park

The other day while aimlessly browsing the world wide web I came across a list of all the state parks, national parks, national forests, and national monuments in Utah. I know this is kind of nerdy but from the moment I viewed that list I couldn't wait to visit every single one of them. I told Blake of my plan and he was 100% behind it. There are so many places to see in Utah, and some of them are right in our backyard, why not go on an adventure!

First stop on the Utah State tour, and only five miles aways from our humble abode, is Utah Lake Stake Park! 


I can't believe that for the last three years I have lived right next to this colossal, beautiful lake and never been there. I guess that is a lie, Blake and I took some of our engagements out on the frozen lake. But, not counting that romantic cold day, I have spent no time there.


Labor Day morning Blake and I put on our swim suits, lathered up on sunscreen, and loaded the car. There are five harbors located in different towns all around the lake, Spanish Fork, Lindon, American Fork, Saratoga Springs, and Provo. The Marina in Saratoga Springs is much closer to us but we decided to go to the Lindon Marina because they are more developed and rent paddle boards, kayaks, and canoes. 


We ended up renting two paddle boards. I was nervous about not being able to keep my balance but it was actually pretty easy, since the boards are so huge!



 The friendly rental guy told us the deepest the lake gets during this season is 4-6 feet deep. That is mind blowing! That means I could probably touch the bottom at most parts of the lake. 

We paddled out of the marina and around the lake, it was so fun. Blake and I started to play a game where we would try and do a 360 on our boards. Just spin in a little circle without falling in, I feel like I ended up looking like a penguin waddling in a circle. After several spins on the board, Blake was winning by a lot. The last time we did it I spun to fast, lost my balance and fell in. Remember how I thought it was awesome that the lake was so shallow? It really isn't that awesome because below the 4 feet of water is really deep thick mud. It was kind of gross. :)


It was so nice to get some sun, and honestly my arms got quite a work out paddling around. It was a relaxing wonderful holiday spent with the love of my life.





2 comments:

  1. So fun! I am so glad you are going to all of these state parks! I have always wanted to paddle board. It looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete