Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Andy and the Aviary

Saturday adventures with Blake are always something to look forward to in the week. On Saturdays, neither Blake or I work so we get to spend the whole day together! Which means we can either go on a rock climbing/camping adventure for the weekend or go on a day date which I always love! This Saturday in particular we decided to go to the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake City. My sister Shantel recommended The Tracy Aviary because she, her husband, and her 1 year old daughter (my really cute niece!) loved it! Since Blake and I had already been to the Zoo in Salt Lake, and the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy we thought an Aviary would be a good thing to add to our list.

On our way up to the aviary we stopped at, Exotic Reefs, which is just a saltwater store in Orem. Today is the day we get our first fish! The game plan was to make sure that Exotic Reefs had a fish that we wanted, as our first fish, and if they didn't we would go to Fish 4 U, a saltwater store in Salt Lake. Luckily they had exactly the fish we were looking for! A cute little clown fish! Come on, after watching Finding Nemo how could you not want a clown fish if you owned a saltwater tank.

We picked which clown fish we wanted and essentially put him on hold till we came back to pick him up. Then off the the aviary we went. It turned out being really awesome! The weather was perfect really cloudy but not cold outside. It is really amazing when you are walking around outside and it isn't blazing hot. The aviary is home to really awesome birds and I would recommend it to anyone!





I don't actually know what this is for, but when you see a sign that says fort awesome it is mandatory to stand inside of it! That way you can be awesome too, isn't that how it works?



The owls were my favorite birds in the whole aviary and luckily for me they have a whole section purely dedicated to them. Their eyes are just so wild!



When we were driving home we stopped by Exotic Reefs and picked up our little clown fish. Which I had by this time decided to name Andy. At the Aviary there was an Andean Condor named Andy and I really just liked the name. Some people might think it is weird I named a clown fish after an Andean Condor, but oh well! After acclimating Andy to the tank we released him and he swam back and forth just trying to get a feel of the tank. I think the power heads were a little much for him but eventually he got use to the current in the tank and swam around, exploring.





Just as a side note in the three hours that Blake and I were not in Utah County a huge rain storm passed over provo. We got flash flood warnings on our phones but in Salt Lake, where we were at it was just cloudy so I wasn't to worried about it. When I got back to my apartment I found out I probably should have been a little more worried. This two videos that my roommate took of my little kitchen and one of the bedrooms.




All in all it was a very good Saturday and it is all thanks to my wonderful boyfriend Blake!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the new fish! Andy is the perfect name. I'm also glad that you went to the Aviary. Such a fun thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. I want to go there sometime. Have you seen the show tanked on netfilx? It is all about sea tanks. it was awesome. I think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete