Sunday, December 21, 2014

This Is The Place Heritage Park

Blake and I for the first time in a long time had this last Saturday free. The possibilities of what to do were endless. Since I am still on my quest to visit all the state and national parks as well as temples in Utah, we decided to head to Salt Lake City, and have a fun date.

It was such a rainy Saturday. I can't even believe it is Christmas next week and still NO SNOW! We got to sleep in and in the early afternoon headed to Salt Lake to catch the 2 O'Clock Endowment Session at the temple. I had only been to the Salt Lake Temple to do baptisms for the dead so I was so excited to go. It was absolutely beautiful! I feel so blessed to have a worthy priesthood holder as a husband and for his example to me.

After the temple we went and had dinner at the Market Street Grill. We had a gift card given to us at our wedding we hadn't had a chance to use. It was delicious! I had the best hamburger I had ever tasted, and the waitress we got was amazing and so attentive!


After dinner the rain had finally subsided and we drove east on our way to This Is The Place Heritage Park. Which just happens to be a State Park. During the Christmas season they do what is called Candle Light Christmas. They usually close at 5 but during Candle Light Christmas they stay open till 9 and have Christmas activities. We paid and got ourselves a map and went strategically from house to house. From what I gathered This Is The Place Heritage Park is full of relocated historical homes. We went from house to house and at each stop there was a different activity.


One home had a blazing fire going and a nice lady dressed in pioneer attire told stories of Christmas traditions way back when and what life would be like. In another house you could make your own bee's wax candles. My favorite was the town hall that had carolers and dance instructors.


It was pretty chilly outside but since we weren't outside very much we surprisingly stayed warm most of the time.  I don't know what the park is like without the Christmas theme but it was fun to go at this time of the year to see the lights and feel the Christmas spirit.

All in all it was a very successful Saturday and we were able to strike two things off our to do list!




2 comments:

  1. So many new posts! I love them all. I'm glad that you and Blake o on so many adventures together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know that they had things to do there. I guess I have only been to the monument. I guess I have a new thing to put on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete