Saturday, December 20, 2014

Car Hunting

A couple years ago I had the pleasure of purchasing my 1996 Subaru Outback, and despite the many car problems it had served me well. I knew eventually it and I, would have to part ways so for many months Blake and I have been in search of a new vehicle.  We knew we wanted an SUV with all wheel drive so we looked at those for quite a while. Then when we realized those were more expensive for the miles and price that we wanted, we decided to go for a more economical car. 

One day a couple weeks ago, while driving my Outback, I realized that when I turned my steering wheel at a specific angle the whole car would start to shake. That is when I vaguely rememebered when I got new tires about a year prior they wouldn't give me a warranty because the steering rack had serious issues. But since my car still ran I promtley ignored it. After mentioning that to Blake our, well really Blake's search for a car started on a more serious level. One fateful Saturday we were on our way to Blake's parents house and decided to stop at a used car lot to look at a few Hondas' that fell into the our correct catagories, with low miles and a low price.

Jessica the sales women who helped us was amazing. We looked at a few different cars, and took one Honda Civic out for a test drive. It was PERFECT! I loved it, and we almost bought it that night. Jessica didn't make us feel any pressure at all and told Blake that if he felt better about having it checked out by a third party then he definitely should. We agreed that we would come back up the following Tuesday, since we would be coming to Bountiful to see Blake's Grandma Davis, who was in town, anyway. 

Monday Blake was talking to his brother Nick and he being the amazing Brother-in-law that he is took the car into the shop to be looked at. Blake informed me that something was wrong with the transmission so we wouldn't be going with that car after all. I was devistated. 

Tuesday on our way up to Blake's parents house we decided to swing by the lot again since we liked Jessica so much as a sales person we really wanted to buy a car from her. When we walked into the dealership she greated us and we talked for a minute. She said that there was actually a 4 door Honda Civic that just came in that was parked in the show room if we wanted to look at that one. Of course we did since we loved the Honda Civic from Saturday.

We all walked into the show room and BAM. There was the Honda Civic with happy birthday balloons and a big red bow! It took me a minute to realize that the car was for me. I at first was confused because I thought it was pretty odd to show us a sold car, and this car looked as though it was already sold.

That is when Jessica yelled surprise! I was in shock! Blake completely surprised me and I did not see it coming at all! 



Blake is seriously the sweetest man I have ever met in my life.  We were obviously going to get the car anyway but he went out of his way to make it special for me on my birthday. I am absolutely in love with him, and so grateful for my new car that will not leak mystery liquids or shake uncontrollably when driven. I am one lucky girl to have found a guy like this!





4 comments:

  1. This is so fun. Blake is so thoughtful. I hope that this car serves you well. (and doesn't have as many problems.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new car is pretty neat! Blake surely has a way with surprises. Picking out the right one could be a little tricky, but I think with the Honda Civic, your husband really understood your tastes. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this post with us, Melissa. Drive safe!


    Rhonda Burgess @ Bob Dunn Hyundai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new car is immaculate! I love its color and brand! The Honda Civic is really one of the best cars we have these days. Well, I'm hoping that you won't encounter any problems with that one, especially with regard to oil matters. Thanks for sharing that, Melissa! All the best!

    Abraham Yates @ Apache Oil Company

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purchasing a more economical car is good, especially when you get to pick something that really suits your needs and comfort. Good thing that there was a good saleswoman who helped you land on the best choice. Congrats on buying that new car, Melissa!

    Michael Miller @ Butler Kia Fishers

    ReplyDelete