Friday, February 20, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

Oh how I love Valentine's Day. This was mine and Blake's second Valentine's Day ever. It feels like I have known Blake forever, and it is hard to believe just a two short years ago, a week after Valentine's Day, I ran into the man who would be my future husband. 

I love going to sleep and waking up to the love of my life every single morning. 

When I got out of bed I found that Blake made a heart out of sticky notes! On each one is a reason why he loves me. I couldn't stop laughing while I read them, he always knows how to make me smile. 


For breakfast we had the traditional, or starting this year traditional heart shaped pancakes. 

In the late afternoon we drove down to Payson Canyon. My co-worker Nico, had told me about a nice little hike to a small waterfall called The Grotto. The hike usually only takes 10 minutes one way but because it is Winter the road to the Canyon closes father down, and cars can't get past. Hiking up the paved road added about an hour each way. 

It was an absolute beautiful day! Even with the snow it was the perfect temperature for a hike. 


















For dinner we ordered Chili's-to-go and since the wait time was 30 minutes we stopped by our favorite fish store and looked around for a half hour. One of our fish Abigully, unfortunately is killing the other ones so we have to get rid of her before we can get a new fish. Since we haven't had time to catch her we just browsed the shop looking for fish we might someday like to have in our tank.

Now, a little back story, for the month and a half before Valentine's day I was desperately trying to win a Valentine's Day Dinner at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium. Fox13 news was doing a raffle for a romantic dinner for two in front of the shark tank "Kisses and Fishes". I just thought that would be amazing, so I had all my friends, family, and co-workers enter it to make my chances even that much more to win. Unfortunately it was not meant to be and honestly I was devastated, but bounced back quickly. I wanted to surprise Blake but when I found out I didn't win a week before Valentine's Day and that the actual dinner would cost $150, I just ended up telling Blake that was my master plan for V-day failed and what it had been.

After picking Chili's up we went home and Blake set up a card table in front of our 90 Gallon fish tank. I just thought that was the sweetest, most thoughtful thing in the world!! How did I get so lucky!!



We finished the night off by watching Crazy, Stupid, Love. Which is one of my favorite chick flicks. 

Sorry for the cheesiness and I know I say it over and over, but I mean it more and more every time. I am the luckiest girl because I have the greatest guy. I have never been more happy, supported, loved, or comfortable in my life. I am just grateful to his mother for raising him to be such a gentleman and such a saint. 






1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such a wonderful Valentines day. You guys are so sweet. I am glad you still got to get your kisses by fishes night. You are really great! I love you!

    ReplyDelete