Monday, February 23, 2015

Our Happy Home: Living Room

 Even before Blake and I were engaged we started going house shopping. When you know, you know, and we definitely knew. 

After looking in a lot of different areas, we found a Condo located in Eagle Mountain called, the Community was called, Rock Creek and immediately fell in love with the layout. Unfortunately the one we had our eyes on sold before we could make an offer. We then found another Condo up for sale with the same floor plan and we jumped on it! I am so glad we did because I have never felt more at home, than I have in our lovely little Condo.

The living room was a nice tan color but the baseboards were painted black. It gave it a different, edgy look, Blake liked it, but it didn't really appeal to me. The black baseboards only had the front painted. The edges just had flicks of black on them, like someone took a roller to the front but didn't bother finishing the job.

BEFORE

A couple weeks after Blake and I got married I convinced Blake to let me start painting. We searched Pinterest frequently trying to find a style that we both loved. In the mean time we started painting the baseboards white, since I didn't love the black color. 

DURING

We finally decided together to paint one accent wall brown, and leave the rest of the walls the tan that was already there. There were so many holes in the walls from pictures, and their tv that was mounted, we needed to get some of the tan paint to paint our patch up work. When we started patching all the holes I found out we purchased a whole gallon of the wrong finish. Even though it was the same color the paint we bought had a little more gloss to it. We ended up repainting most of the tan so it would all match. Which wasn't to hard. 


Blake already had a TV, TV stand, and Love Sac. At the moment that was our only furniture. A couple months after we were married, we started going furniture shopping looking for couches that we both loved. 

We finally found a couch and love seat that were perfect!


Blake and I are both the worst at measuring and hanging things. So without going into to much detail I will let you know hanging these curtains was an adventure. 


I found an accent chair on sale and ordered it. When it arrived it was not the right color and I was pretty bummed about it because I had looked for a chair like that for the longest time. We ended up just retuning it and I kept up my search. A few weeks later I found a chair very similar to the first one which I actually ended up liking more! 

OLD                                       NEW     

Next on the list was an entertainment center. We couldn't find anything we liked for less than $300. We looked and looked, finally one day we went to the Furniture Row and at the very last store, in Ikea we walked past an entertainment center on sale for under $70! We were so happy! The drawers are a little crooked but not even noticeable, and totally worth the steal!


Over the following months we slowly added some decorations, an accent rug, coffee table, end tables, lamps, and Blake and his father Steele made the most beautiful 90 Gallon fish tank stand. 

AFTER












 I promise sometimes the Orchid is in bloom, just not at the time of this picture. :)



I am in love with how everything turned out. I feel so at home every single time I walk in the door. We are so blessed to live in the home that we own, and it has been fun piecing the whole room together. 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this room. You should go into interior decorating or something. I love it. You are awesome! Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete