Sunday, November 30, 2014

Larson Thanksgiving 2014

This was my first year at the Larson’s Thanksgiving as an official Larson. I married into the best family I ever could have asked for and am thankful for them every single day. I don’t think Blake would have turned out half as amazing as he is without such great parents as examples, and siblings to support him. 

Thanksgiving morning at Steele and Nancy’s was very relaxed. Blake and Steele worked on the canopy for the top of our fish tank and I just watched the Macy’s parade with their little dog Monte. Monte is getting up there in his years and he is just the sweetest dog ever. 

About an hour before we ate Blake and I met Sean, Nick, Bryan, Bre, and their kids at a park near their parents home to shoot off rockets. The park we went to had the coolest modern play ground with spinning toys, and things that looked like a skill course and was way to hard for kids to do. Charles the fearless kid that he is wanted to do everything! I love playing with him, because of his quirky personality you never know what he is going to do.




The rockets brought kids out from around the neighbor hood that the park was next to. It was really entertaining to watch the rockets launch. Little Steele looked adorable in his hat and I had a good time talking with him and seeing him get so excited about the rockets. 


The last rocket that they shot off belonged to Nick. They loaded it with one of the biggest engines, and LIFT OFF. The problem was it didn’t shoot straight up. When it got about 20 feet off of the ground it took a sharp turn, flying very quickly parralel to the ground. It was a lost cause so they didn’t even attempt to recover it. It probably ended up in someone's back yard several blocks away from the park. 






Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and it was so fun as always sitting around the dinner table talking with the Larson family. Nancy at the beginning of November issued a challenge to the family via group text to share something they were thankful for every day. I am super lame and only said one thing the whole month, but I was always looking forward to the texts from the others in the family and their uplifting words. In the center of the dinner table Nancy had printed out and cut paper leaves with the texts through out the month on them. She is so thoughtful and creative.

Every other week all of us get together for dinner anyways but this time was special because Blake’s Aunt Karen was able to make it. She is Steele's sister, and Grandma Grace’s daughter. Grace and Karen are so cute together. They have the best relationship, and I would love to still have that with my mom when I am their age. 

I love the month of November because it helps you to remember to be thankful. We really should be thankful all year long but November helps so it is always a special time. I will never be able to express enough how thankful I am for Blake and all he does for me. There is no greater blessing in my life than him and being able to be sealed to him for time and all eternity. I sure am one lucky girl! 




No comments:

Post a Comment