Monday, May 19, 2014

The Godzilla Adventure

Blake and I don't go and see very many movies in the theaters. We usually just wait till it hits Red-Box and just rent it then. That is, unless we have a gift card or there is a movie we really are absolutley dying to see. A few days before Saturday, Blake kept talking about Godzilla, and how good the reviews were. I could tell he really wanted to see it. Usually I get excited about anything if he is excited about it,  but for some reason, I did not feel like watching a city being torn apart by a giant monster. Since I love Blake sooooo much, I agreed to go and see it. Actually, I will be honest, I was in it for the popcorn. I made him promise to get me the biggest popcorn, that way we could get a refill on the way out.



The movie was really well done, at least for what it was, it had some really awesome shots, and a pretty good story line. I am not a huge fan of that genre, but it was pretty entertaining. About two thirds through the show the screen turned off, the lights turned on, and a manager for the movie theater appeared and started apologizing. He then motioned for a man sitting behind us to come down. 

Apparently the man was very sick, I don't know if he was sick already, or if the movie made him dizzy. He had sent someone (probably a family member), to go and get help, that is what the manager was doing there.  Right when he stood up he started vomiting, and I mean throwing up everywhere. Unfortunately it covered the back of our chairs. I immediately handed him my beloved popcorn bucket, and he continued to throw up (a lot) in it,  on his way out. His family rushed out after him. I felt so bad, and really hope that he is doing okay now! 

I pointed out to Blake that I had throw up on my jacket, so I wiped it off, with a napkin and we walked out so I could wash my hands. After I washed my hands we discussed just leaving since the movie still hadn't been turned on. I really was all for leaving early, I didn't care to finish the movie out, but I knew Blake really wanted to see it, so we decided to stay. When we walked back in the Manger announced that we would all get free movie passes! I was so happy! :) Chick flick here Blake and I come! 

During the brief intermission, they had a clean up crew come in to wash and sanitize the whole area, that  was unlucky enough to get vomited on. When the movie finished, blake went to the bathroom only to find out that he had throw up on the back of his shirt. I felt so bad for him you could tell he wanted to shrivel up and die. 

I quickly called my sister Shantel who luckily lived only a couple minutes from the movie theaters we were at. I asked if Blake could borrow a shirt from her husband David.  They were on their way home and would get there a couple minutes after us. It was such a blessing that they live so close and are always so willing to help. The plan for the day was to go to Draper then Salt Lake and I really didn't want to have to add an extra 40-50 minutes onto our day just to drive home and get a spare shirt. Shan was so awesome to help. 

It was so good to see Shantel, David, and of course Lydia! I even got to try on this gem, that was hanging out in Shantel's garage for no apparent reason. :)


After the quick stop at the Peaden residency we headed off to Draper. We are in the market for a rug, and or, a tv stand. The new RC Willey just opened so we thought we would look around there and maybe find something that we could purchase over memorial day, if they put it on sale. Alas, we had no such luck at RC Willey.

The next stop was fish-4-U, in Salt Lake. One of our favorite saltwater shops. Since it is so far away from us we can only make the trip to it on Saturdays. We have been talking about and planning on getting a new tank for quite some time. Blake has been really nervous about a larger tank breaking through our condo, 2nd level floor, but I am not to worried about it. After talking to the the guy there and with each other we decided on purchasing a 90 gallon aquarium. It is way bigger than the 30 gallon we currently own.

The two gentlemen that helped us the whole time were so awesome. They even stayed open an extra 20 minutes, I felt bad and kept apologizing we were there so late. 



I am beyond excited for the aquarium, and it is taking all of my self control to muster up enough patience to wait till we have it set up. We are going to build the stand and piece the rest of the equipment together slowly. I just can't wait till I have a giant aquarium in my living room. It will be so cool.

Just as a random note to throw in at the end of this post. I really love french braids. I have been practicing on myself but I just can't seem to get it right. Blake is such a great husband because he could tell it was really hard for me to do, so he decided on his own he was going to learn.

Here are some of his tries, I forgot to take a picture right when he did it, so they sort of fell apart towards the end of the day.  Never the less I was pretty impressed!










2 comments:

  1. That Tardis makes me laugh so so much. Haha. Still giggling about it. But I am really sorry about the whole throw-up fiasco. (And maybe Blake should teach David how to braid my hair. I love it so much!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. I am so sad about the throw up, but at least you get a free movie! Also, I wish that Kevin could french braid, except my hair isn't long enough. Maybe when it gets longer, Blake can teach Kevin.

    ReplyDelete